Monday, May 20, 2013

We sealed the deal.

The big day!  I'm not sure I could try and put into words what it feels like to know that you're headed to the temple to get married to Mr. Wonderful after waiting for him for 33 years.  But, in a word I felt peace.  Sure, I was excited and giddy and all those "bridey" feelings, but I wasn't nervous or anxious.  I felt calm and ready. 

Also, I was well rested (another plus to having the reception first!) for our noon sealing on Saturday, Feb. 16.  I carpooled with my mom and met David and his brother Keith at the temple.  I felt an overwhelming sense of love as I looked around at our friends and family who were there.  I knew I was in the right place, with the right person, at the right time.  Our sealing was performed by a dear family friend, Al Carlile and I wore my mom's wedding dress.  I remember after the ceremony, after everyone had left, after the steady flow of tears turning to my husband to giving him a big hug.  I felt like Heavenly Father was a part of that hug too.  It was amazing, totally worth the wait.

We got some pictures outside the temple in the wind, but it was the second day with no rain so we were happily putting up with hair and dresses flying around.  We had a taco bar lunch at the Stake Center behind the temple, played a Q&A game with our guests, had people tell their favorite memories about us and then we gave them a bag with some of our favorite items - employer swag, USB hub, Starbucks GC, sour candy, pink and blue candy (for kids), popcorn, pens, Swedish fish (for Alaska), etc.




 I think David and I managed to be the last ones to leave (nerves?!?), but we did finally head out to start our 2-week honeymoon at the Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls.  Thanks mom for packing us some leftover goodies to take and thanks to LeeAnn and Brittany for the Advil and waiting around to see us off.


No comments:

Post a Comment