Sunday, April 21, 2013

We got engaged.

Tuesday, Oct. 30 David suggested we try out a new place for dinner in Seattle.  It was dark, raining, there traffic and Seattle is sooooo far away I suggested something closer. David said let's get in the car and see how bad it is.  We ended up in Seattle at The Pink Door restaurant.  We doodled on the brown paper tablecloth while waiting for the most delicious Italian meal.  After dinner David suggested we want down to the waterfront and check out a new Seattle attraction, The Great Wheel.  We walked down (in the rain still) and got tickets even though I thought it was too expensive.  When we got to the top it stopped (because David talked to the operator and told him his plan) and I went to the window to look out at the view.  I turned back around to find David down on one knee.  He said some very romantic things, gave me a "placeholder" ring and I said YES! 

Sidebar: We had talked about getting married before this date, had even gone ring shopping and picked one out.  The store said it would take at least 6 weeks to order so I thought for sure he'd wait until he had the ring to propose. We were about half way into that waiting period at this point.  We were talking to our friends and family like we were engaged, so I was thrilled to make it official sooner and to be surprised.  It was a perfect night, minus the rain.       

No comments:

Post a Comment