Friday, June 14, 2013

We like the theater.

Brian Regan
 
David and I had been dating for a couple weeks when I found a pair of tickets he bought to see Brian Regan at the Paramount.  I looked at the date and it was for a show in SIX months!!!  I laughed and told him pretty risky thinking I'd still be around then.  I guess he showed me.
 
If you're looking for a clean-language, really funny comedian Brian Regan is the guy.  I got
introduced to him in college and this was a first for both David and I seeing him live.  It was a good show, he did some of his old stuff and some new bits, but ultimately we decided that watching comedians live isn't much different then watching them on TV.  
 


 
Flash Dance
 
One of LeeAnn's friends passed along two tickets to Flash Dance at the 5th Avenue Theater and so we couldn't pass that up. I figured David wouldn't mind staying at home when I told him maybe the show would inspire me to want to dance.  That didn't happen, but we did have fun singing along to the music. 
 
Moon Over Buffalo

There is a small theater in Redmond Town Center that I've probably walked by a hundred times and never even noticed.  Until some friends from church told us about going to see a preview night show at the theater.  Since "preview" night means you pay whatever you want for a ticket we went for it.  We were the youngest ones in the theater by probably 50 years.  The play was ok, actors were pretty good the story was just a little dated.  But being able to laugh and roll our eyes together with friends made it well worth the $5 we paid for each ticket.




 


     

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say...those are some awesome red pants David! Not anyone can pull that look off, but you do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...what is the plural of box? 'Boxen?'" The girls love Regan and quote him often!
    I like the red pants, too :)

    ReplyDelete